2597 CX, Den Haag (located in the neighbourhood Benoordenhout)
Price € 2.400.000 k.k.
PRIME LOCATION : CITY LIVING IN PARK-LIKE SURROUNDINGS
Exceptional detached villa set in grounds of 1255m2, offering the ultimate in privacy.
Originally built in 1924 by the avant-garde architect Jan Buijs, this distinctive property, with a footprint of ca. 13.5x13m and a ground floor measuring nearly 180m2, includes a double garage and private outdoor swimming pool.
Standout features of this home are the abundance of natural light in the living areas and the huge steel-framed windows
This delightful family home can be extended by the addition of a third level if desired.
On the ground floor is a side entry, big vestibule with black/white tiled floor, cloakroom, and guest lavatory with washbasin. To the left is a family room; on the right pocket doors separate a ‘den’ with fireplace from the huge (ca. 10x4.75m) living room and adjoining dining room/study (ca. 6.65x4.35m) with French doors to a sunny terrace. Both sun-drenched rooms overlook the secluded garden. A back door opens to a hallway with terrazzo flooring and storage, and gives access to the eat-in kitchen with ample cupboard space, the family room, and the cellar.
A central straight stairway ascends to the 1st floor, comprising the master bedroom with fitted wardrobes, en-suite bathroom with bath and double washbasin, separate wc with washbasin, and very large study/”chill” room with a balcony running the full width of the house. There are a further 4 bedrooms (of which 2 have balconies), 3 bathrooms, and a spacious landing with 2 fitted cupboards.
A big 3-part cellar houses the laundry, central heating unit, and large storage area.
There is a private driveway from the street to a double garage.
- Excellent layout - ca. 337 m2 interior space arranged over 2 storeys
- Sunny garden with terrace adjoining the living area
- Additional outdoor space with swimming pool, double garage, and driveway
- Quiet location opposite green open space (Park Clingendael)
- Supermarket and local specialty shops within walking distance
- Close to primary and secondary schools as well as sports facilities including field hockey, tennis, and rugby
- Easy cycling distance from the seaside, harbour and city centre
- Convenient to motorways
- Older construction and materials disclaimers will be included in the purchase agreement
- Structural inspection report and asbestos quickscan available