2243 HG, Wassenaar (located in the neighbourhood De Kieviet)
Price € 1.750.000 k.k.
Impressive, exquisitely renovated detached villa with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, located in the prestigious Kieviet neighbourhood of Wassenaar. This substantial and extraordinarily bright home, encompassing ca. 265m2 of interior space, was built in 1932 to the specifications of the renowned Dutch architect, J. Buijs, a proponent of the New Objectivity movement. In 1997 a full second storey was added in keeping with the original architectural style, and the house was subsequently renovated with the addition of an extension, creating a lounge area/”chill room” and an auxiliary kitchen.
This wonderfully light, spacious, and move-in ready family home, with a beautifully landscaped garden all around, is within walking distance of the Kieviet primary school, making it ideal for a household with young children.
Via a driveway with space for 2 cars and a charging station, carport and shed, the front door opens to an L-shaped vestibule with built-in coat cupboards, a guest lavatory with washbasin, and access to the cellar. Off the hallway, anthracite steel and glass doors give access to both the kitchen and the living space. The enormous, light, south-oriented living/dining room has a seating area facing the fireplace, a large window overlooking a pond and the beautifully landscaped garden, and French doors to a sunny corner terrace. The luxurious modern kitchen is outfitted with sleek composite worktops and equipped with Neff and Miele integrated appliances, including dishwasher, steam oven, induction cooktop, Quooker, combination microwave oven, and extractor. An adjoining lounge area, interconnected with both the kitchen and living/dining room, has under-floor heating and French doors to the garden with sheltered terrace. An adjoining hall leads to the auxiliary kitchen, housing storage and the utility room with ample fitted cupboards, a large freezer, and the washer and dryer.
The 1st floor comprises a landing, a large bedroom with windows on three sides, a second bedroom, a spacious bathroom with walk-in shower, washbasin, and wc, and the enormous main bedroom, featuring a wall of fitted wardrobes, a small balcony with a gorgeous view, and a second big bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, double vanity, floor heating, and a heated towel rail.
On the 2nd floor is a good-sized landing with plenty of built-in storage plus 3 large Velux windows and access to a storeroom. A further 2 big bedrooms share the third bathroom with walk-in shower, vanity, wc, and heated towel rail.
The entire first and second storeys are laid with oak parquet flooring.
Facts, Figures, and Features:
- Interior space ca. 265m2
- 5 good-sized bedrooms
- 3 modern bathrooms
- Beautifully landscaped garden on all sides
- Driveway with space for 2 cars and a charging station
- Detached villa with a loft-like feel and contemporary aesthetic
- Recently extended, adding huge windows and extra living space – ideal as media room, lounge area or study – as well as a “mud room” and big utility room
- Southwest orientation and numerous windows, providing an abundance of natural light and a great view over the garden
- Anthracite aluminium window frames fitted with HR++ double-paned glass
- Sprinkler installation and alarm system
- Energy friendly thanks to the 15 solar panels!
- Nefit Topline HR central heating unit installed in 2016
- Exterior painted in 2020
- Given the age of the property, older construction and materials disclaimers will be included in the NVM purchase agreement
- Beautiful villa in move-in condition
- Energy Efficiency Rating E
- Available in mutual consultation
Intrigued? Contact an NVM estate agent, who will represent your interests and save you time, money, and worries.
Addresses of NVM agents in the area can be found on the Funda website.